Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Scumbag Mind

It's a weird thing.

I always have one thing to do each day. It's an important thing.

I go. I do that thing.

And then my brain stops caring about anything else after that.

I try to do other things. A lot of times, I get other things done. But that's about it.

Again, this is personal stuff. I always get business stuff done when other people are involved. But personal daily chores can be, well, a chore.

The concept of the "most important task of the day" was something I did when I burned myself out a while back.

It's a horrible issue I'm dealing with.

I mean, it's not drug addiction. And I know most people constantly wait till the last minute of the last day of their last life to do the things they truly wanted.

And I think I might have become like this after reaching some seriously huge personal goals. Writer's block is different for someone who's written fifteen feature length scripts as opposed to someone who's on the third feature length script.

It might be different for someone who started a blog, and never got pass their second post as opposed to someone who underwent a whole yearly webcomic.

But I don't like it.

I don't like it when people tell me to relax.

I don't want to relax.

Full potential only relaxes after the muscles are stressed out.

Taking time to smell the roses.

Maybe I shouldn't.

Maybe I need to surround myself with people who are so goddamn talented, I want to kill myself when I am in their presence.

I guess it could be who I am.

Oh, you like hip hop? Let me talk to you about Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.

Oh, you like rock? Have you heard that new Bobby Shmurda song?

I don't know, maybe I'm bitching a little too much. This is life. This is what you do. I always take a step back and think about what those Italian Renaissance Men would have done with current technology and opportunities.

I've procrastinated on getting a new gym membership. I might sign up on March. That depends on a couple other things.

It's good for creativity, but it's really bad for marketing.

My best ideas come at night. My best tweets happen at night. There's a lot of people in India and England that think I'm funny because I'm tweeting jokes in their waking hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment